Sunday 29 August 2010

Quote and training

You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back. -Steve Prefontaine

Well I agree in part with Pre and I understand where he is coming from but he was American. Us British can be too far the other way; too conservative and polite. If we don't celebrate our successes then who is? Don't keep your successes quiet if you've worked hard for them. Tell people then let them pat you on the back.

Yesterday I went ice-skating and fell on my knee. I was worried that it might effect my running. Well I ran fine this morning so all is OK. In two week today I'll be in Cardiff representing North Wales in the Welsh Camps. It'll be a 10k run and I'm hoping to complete it in under 33 mins. Wish me luck. Daniel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you manage the sub-33.

www.thefootballmerchandisestore.co.uk said...

Good luck Daniel