Monday 1 October 2018

International Association of Ultrarunning - China 100km

Hi all,

A couple of months ago I applied to the organising committee of the Changan Ford Ultra-Challenge 2018. The application got through and therefore they'll pay the airfare, Hotel, travelling in China and most importantly the food. I have to sort out travel in the UK, Visa, vacations etc. Did you know that to get a tourist Visa you have to show that you are invited to China!

It's 100k on the road. The best Ultra athletes from each country will hopefully be there, similar to when I went two years ago. Although with the World 100km Championships being not that long ago maybe there will be a lower calibre. It's 26nd October so we'll be travelling 22nd October to 29th October. My wife will be left with the children which I don't like doing because she works so hard. She is a star.

Training has gone well with 6 quality weeks. I just have Chester Marathon this weekend then I need to rest.

No comments: