Saturday 1 June 2019

40 miles on my 40th birthday

Well I wasn't sure if I'd do it but once I got to 26 miles it had to be done!

I ran from my house in Wrexham to Chester, then along the Coast until I got to Flint Train Station. I caught the train back to Wrexham then ran home (with a bit added on).

When I was in Flint someone recognised me but I'm sorry, I didn't recognise him/you.

Whilst I was running I kept thinking, I'll stop soon, this is silly 😋. Why am I doing this. But then I would think of reasons to keep going; such as:
- this won't help me run my upcoming 5k any faster but I know other ultra runners who do well off long miles for shorter stuff;
- a friend from work who knew I was planning on doing 40 miles sent me a text at 20 miles in, how could I face them Monday morning!
- In ten years time I'll remember this just as I can remember doing 30 at 30.

Etc

Glad I've done it.

No comments: