Sunday, 24 January 2010

Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started. -Steve Prefontaine

Today I raced in the Twin Piers 10K. I got to the start line a bit late. I had to cut my warm up to 1/2 mile and then when I got to the start line with 2 mins annonced I realised that I didn't have my number on. Nightmare! I dashed back to my bag and pinned on my number so badly that I pinned it half on my top and half on my shorts. Luckly the race organisor waited for me. Sorry everyone.

Well once the race got going I did the first mile in a respectible 5:22 and then managed a good steady pace:
5:22 5:50 5:12 5:19 5:28 5:24 1:05. The second mile had a steep hill for about 1/2 mile.

A PB with 33:40 and 4th position. The weather was perfect, no wind and a good cool temperature. If only the hill could have been ironed out.

My wife and daughter came along so this made the day much more enjoyable.
Post a Comment