Wednesday 31 March 2010

Quote and today's hard run.

A lot of people don't realize that about 98 percent of the running I put in is anything but glamorous: 2 percent joyful participation, 98 percent dedication! It's a tough formula. Getting out in the forest in the biting cold and the flattening heat, and putting in kilometer after kilometer. - Rob de Castella

This morning's 14mile run was a hard one for the following reasons:
- I did a speed session last night;
- I was running through a snow blizzard;
- I was tired; and
- I forgot to vaseline my nipples so they bled a lot.

Well, I love it really! It keeps me out of trouble. When I run the Chester Marathon this year I thought I would try and break the men's marathon world record. Not the current one. The one set in 1913 on 31 May which is the same date as the Chester Marathon and is my birthday. The record holder was Alexis Malkolm Ahlgren who broke the world record with a time of 2h36m.

No comments: