Sunday 21 March 2010

"If you want to be happy, set a goal that
commands your thoughts, liberates your
energy, and inspires your hopes."
- Andrew Carnegie

I have just heard that Eddie Izzard's body was just not designed to run. Flat feet, injuries, not enough training. But he ran 43 marathons in 51 days! Inspirational. Another inspirational thing in my life at the moment is the Marathon Talk podcasts. If you haven't listened to them here's the link: Link (roll over me to see where I go) .

After this weeks training my body seems to have held out with a hard week and I am now confident that I should run the Chester Marathon on 31 May 2010. Typical training:

Monday Bike 20 miles, swim 1mile (Cross training). Tues: am: 35mins easy. pm speed work (e.g 8X800s 2m40s). Wed: 10 - 16 miles or bike & swim. Thur: Same as Tues. Fri: Bike 20, Swim 1m, run 4m. Sat: Tempo run (5or4m at 5:45 pace). Sun LSR.

No comments: