Sunday 18 April 2010

The greater danger for most of us is not
that our aim is too high and we miss it,
but that it is too low and we reach it."
- Michelangelo

Recently I've been thinking about my diet and comparing it to the Tarahumara tribe and other great Ultra-distance runners. They seem to eat more beans, lentils, seeds etc. I remember a couple of years ago I got into eating sprouted seeds and stuff. I also read Dr Gillian McKeith's book on You Are What You Eat.

So in the next couple of weeks I'm going to try and eat more sprouted stuff. I started today with breakfast (quinoa). Here's a useful link for anyone interested...

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2009/01/why-sprout.html

I've also been running barefooted a little and I am increasing it slowly. Yesterday I ran about 1 mile barefoot. After putting my shoes back on I was surprised to feel how heavy my shoes are. Here's another link for anyone interested in barefoot running.


Yesterday I went for a 20 mile run and I did it with 3 other running buddies, Andy, Daz and Chris. They are all great runners and it was good to run with them.

No comments: