Sunday 11 January 2009

Last 10K

3 months 14 days to the FLM

Today's quote: "The marathon's about being in contention over the last 10K. That's when it's about what you have in your core. You have run all the strength, all the superficial fitness out of yourself, and it really comes down to what's left inside you. To be able to draw deep and pull something out of yourself is one of the most tremendous things about the marathon. - Rob de Castella"

I remember the first time I did a marathon, my Dad, a former runner, said just get to the first 20 miles in 2 hours then race the last 10K. I replied, "if I got to the first 20 in 2hrs I would be dead!".

Did 4 this morning, Knee is noticeably better. Praise God.

I need more speed.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Like they all say - the marathon is 2 races, a 20-mile run and a 10k race.

I, too, thought running 20 miles in 2hrs was crazy, but now it's like that is a bit off the pace.