Wednesday 29 September 2010

"I haven't seen too many American distance men on the international scene willing to take risks. I saw some U.S. women in Barcelona willing to risk, more than men. The Kenyans risk. Steve Prefontaine risked. I risked - I went through the first half of the Tokyo race just a second off my best 5000 time. - Billy Mills"

The shin is feeling a bit better today which is a relief after yesterdays hard Tempo run. I wonder what started this injury?
Lets look back.
The change in shoes from Brooks to Mizuno? It started about 13th Sept after a run. Didn't think anything about it. Thursday 16th after speed session, hurting some more. Saturday's speed session and Sunday's long run aggravated it. Since then it has been about the same until this morning (30/09/2010) when it's feeling a little better. I've been running in the new Mizuno's since 8th August so it can't be my trainers. I think it is the fact that I did a hard race on Sunday 10th Aug and then did three hard sessions the same week.

No comments: